Wednesday 11 November 2015

Signed VHS Covers

One fateful day, long ago, I was browsing to find a cheaper source for purchasing the latest Doctor Who video tapes. My previous supplier (BlackStar.co.uk) changed to a new company and increased the prices which was a big shame at the time. While looking around, I found a company called Tenth Planet which sold VHS tapes for a little bit more than Amazon, but they often had signings for all new releases.

The first such tape I bought was The Gunfighters. It came with a normal cover, plus an additional cover signed by Jackie Lane, David Graham, and Shane Rimmer. I was pleased enough with it to continue to buy the VHS releases through to the end of the run.

The Gunfighters (signed by Jackie Lane, David Graham and Shane Rimmer) The Mutants (signed by Garrick Hagon)
Meglos (signed by Lalla Ward and John Leeson) The Horns of Nimon (signed by Janet Ellis)
Invasion of the Dinosaurs (signed by Richard Franklin and Martin Jarvis) The Faceless Ones & The Web of Fear (signed by Wanda Ventham, Donald Pickering, and Chris Tranchell)
I cheekily asked if they had any signed covers in stock from previous signings, and luckily for me, they did have some left which they sold to me for only £2 each. (Bargain!!!)

The Sensorites (signed by Carole Ann Ford) The Time Meddler (signed by Maureen O'Brien)
City of Death (signed by Lalla Ward) Underworld (signed by Louise Jameson)

No comments:

Post a Comment